Voting is now open!
Thank you for your donation this month. With your help we be able to give away funds to a worthy NZ charity next month!
So, who shall we give it to?
- C.A.R.E. Waitakere Trust #CC26583
CARE Waitakere Trust started as a dream in the hearts of a group of individuals who longed to see a social service agency in Te Atatu Peninsula. A particular need was identified for a professional counselling service which could offer high quality counselling to anyone in need of support, whether or not they were able to afford to pay the full fee. It was soon evident that there was also a great need for budgeting advice and support in the local community.
2. Tauranga (BOP) Hearing Association #CC26713
A society where the hearing impaired are connected, empowered and respected.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote education, advocacy and support for the hearing impaired community and their Whanau.
- Meet the needs of the hearing impaired, either directly or indirectly, through education, disseminating information, the provision of goods and services or any other means considered appropriate, including, but not limited to, the making of grants or the provision of services for any purpose that will further the welfare of hearing impaired persons.
- Promote to the public generally, awareness and understanding of the causes, prevention and consequences of hearing impairment.
- Advocacy – To understand the issues faced by those with hearing issues and to be a voice to enable them to enjoy full participation in their community.
Napier Riding for Disabled’s mission is to: “provide interaction with Horses to develop increased ability, independence and self-esteem for children and adults with physical, intellectual, emotional and social challenges”
We operate four days a week, providing RDA sessions for clients from our community.
Riding and interaction with horses benefits adults and children with a wide range of special needs, including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, multiple sclerosis, visual or hearing impairments, autism spectrum disorders, developmental delay, intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, or multiple disabilities and other physical, psychiatric, social and behavioural challenges and difficulties.
Choose one of these 3 charities to receive this money in July 2018 (Vote in the poll below before 5pm, 30 June 2018).